Not just for pies, this savory version is a great side. But the true stand out about this dish is how nutritious it is- loaded with Vitamin A, C, Iron and Potassium, among many other
- 2 pound pumpkin (about 3 cups peeled), good meaty French variety
- 2 teaspoons Mothers Cupboard Chinese 5-spice powder
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- Sea salt
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon
- Peel and seed pumpkin.
- Cut into thin slices, (about 3 to an inch).
- Toss in olive oil...Toss spices, sugar and salt in another bowl and pour over pumpkin slices.
- Sauté in a nonstick pan until caramelized.
- Turn and color other side lightly.
- Remove from pan and season with lemon juice and drizzle with honey
What’s nice about this recipe: I steam the rest of the pumpkin and puree, then freeze it for homemade pumpkin pie!!!
For a change of pace, try adding 2 sliced parsnips and reducing the pumpkin to 2 cups. . .yummy!